This position is responsible for the operation of a department. An individual in this position will be expected to perform additional job related responsibilities and duties as assigned and/or necessary.
Job will require 40 to 50 hours per week and requires some weekends and holidays.
1. Lead and oversee cheese production including and not limited to:
Pasteurizing, milk testing, processing, affinage
2. Leading and enforcing maintenance and sanitation schedules
3. Lead production assistants
4. Lead training of production assistants
5. Trouble shoot issues with any cheese makers
6. Maintaining all required records, inventories, recipes and data collected
7. Assist sanitation lead and packaging lead when needed
8. Assist creamery manager in maintaining current HACCP plan for creamery operations
9. Assist creamery manager and creamery leads in development and maintaining all SOPs, SSOPs, GMPs.
10. Perform routine basic and periodic evaluation of equipment fixtures and elements used throughout the creamery and caves to ensure optimal function
11. Assist with sales, tours and farmer’s markets
12. Production Lead must be proficient in all packaging and sanitation practices.
13. Work independently or with other creamery staff to accomplish directed tasks and deadlines
14. Use PH meter, moisture analyzer, SCC, Residue ATP machine and all other testing equipment properly and maintain logs
15. Perform weekly environmental monitoring
16. Package and ship weekly samples for product testing
17. Comply with all policies and procedures of Idyll Farms Creamery
18. Safely handle chemicals and effectively clean all designated creamery areas
19. Follow proper sanitation procedures as described in associated press
Training in cheese making is provided.
Ideal candidate will have excellent leadership skills.
The production lead must be in sound physical condition and able to stand for long periods of time, engage in physically rigorous activity, lift to #55 repeatedly, and can follow verbal and written instructions.
All employees must report to work on time in fit condition to operate any and all equipment necessary to perform their work.
All employees must inform their supervisor of any infectious condition or malady they may be experiencing and may be required to take sick leave if their condition may be deemed to jeopardize Bio-Security, safety, health risk or the health of other workers.
Personal Protective Equipment, (PPE) must be maintained and used in all relevant situations normally requiring the use of PPE including and not limited to: hearing protection, eye protection, head impact protection, protective clothing or other gear etc.
Appropriate footwear and clothing will be worn always.
The Production Lead will report any visit to, contact with, or other interaction with farm animals from other operations immediately when reporting to work the first instance on farm after contact. Appropriate Bio-Security measures must be adhered to with no exception.