Position: Assistant Creamery Manager
Idyll Farms is looking to expand their creamery team!
Idyll Farms is a goat farm and creamery located in Northport, Michigan, a small town perched on the edge of Lake Michigan. Our Certified Humane Raised and Handled® alpine goats are pasture-fed using sustainable, rotational grazing practices which mimic and harness nature’s complex, productive processes. This is great for our planet, our pastures, our goats, and their milk—and it is the secret to how we happen to make award-winning goat cheese.
As our herd is expanding and production is increasing, Idyll Farms is looking to hire a full-time Assistant Creamery Manager. The ideal candidate for this position must be highly detail oriented and has experience working in the commercial food production industry. Candidates must have a strong work ethic, be able to follow written and verbal instructions, work independently and collaboratively, willing to take on new tasks.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. Position will require employee to stand for long periods of time, engage in physically rigorous activity, and lift up to 55 lbs. repeatedly. This position involves the handling of various cleaning chemicals on a regular basis. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Key Responsibilities (not limited to):
· Oversee cheese production and ensure all protocols are followed.
· Assist with creamery maintenance and sanitation schedules to ensure the facility is operating per state and federal requirements and operational standards.
· Supervise creamery staff (i.e. creamery assistants and leads) and verify daily checklists are completed as necessary.
· Maintain all required logs and records.
· Ensure compliance of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Safety policies, regulatory requirements and organization guideline. This includes current Food Safety documentation, involvement in internal and external audits and recalls.
· Manage food safety and quality assurance functions to ensure that proposed and existing products and processes are reviewed to avoid or eliminate food safety and quality issues; developing recommendations for improvements that increase product uniformity, reliability, and customer satisfaction.
· Evaluate and assist in developing processes, specifications and critical control points in cheese production, packaging, and sanitation for ongoing Quality Assurance of all finished good.
· Ability to use a PH meter, moisture analyzer, SCC, Residue, Atp and all other lab equipment properly.
· Troubleshoot processing, packaging and sanitation issues in a timely manner.
· 4 to 6 years of commercial food processing experience
· Knowledge of food safety protocols and regulatory requirements
· Analytical and creative problem-solving skills
· Detail oriented
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
· Paid Time Off
· Health insurance
Valid driver's license required and background checks will be performed.
Low-cost staff shared housing available.
Idyll Farms LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 - $50,000.00 per year