If you have great attention to detail and a sense of urgency, you have come to the right place! Murray’s Cheese is seeking a full time Seasonal Production Associate to pick/pack and to invoice orders in our fulfillment center at our warehouse in Long Island City.
Who You Are
- Exact: You’re super precise! Everything you do is with great accuracy and detail. You enjoy when shelves are fully stocked and front-facing or when the weight of your cheese is spot-on; it’s in your nature!
- Forward-Thinker: You’re always a few steps ahead, anticipating the needs of those around you and ensuring the appropriate products are always ready to go. You understand the business and can prepare as needed. Whether it’s a slow season or a busy one, you’re always on your toes to ensure your orders are 100%.
- Great Communicator: You can strike up a conversation with anyone in your vicinity and can build long-lasting relationships over something as simple as a good cheddar cheese. You know what it takes to be a part of a team and communicate needs when necessary.
What You Do
- Pick: You are responsible for selecting products throughout the warehouse, to correctly fulfill the orders at hand for the day.
- Pack: You will take products that customers has selected and pack them neatly in our shipping boxes/crates, to be sent out for shipment.
- Review: Before sealing up the package to be sent out for delivery, you double check the contents to ensure that the orders have been packed correctly.
- Administrative: You will be responsible for invoicing work orders, returns from customers/clients and meeting service deadlines.
- Communicate: Stay connected to our distribution center, wholesale team, ecommerce team, receiving team, transportation team and buying team via email and phone to ensure their needs are always met.
What We Need From You
- Ability to stand on your feet up to 12 hours per day in cold/warm temp and the ability to lift up to 90 pounds.
- Flexible availability
- Experience working in warehouse setting
- High school diploma or equivalent
- NYC Food Handler’s Certification or ServSafe Certification preferred
- Microsoft excel proficient, a plus!
- Basic math skills
- Strong team work and great communication skills
- Experience using pallet jack and forklift
- Weekly pay
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Discounts on our products and restaurant!