The main thing that makes Murray’s special is our passion for cheese. We love to share that with our friends and customers! As a Murray’s Cheesemonger, you campaign for some of the best cheeses in the world. You are constantly tasting and learning about new products and pairings in order to assist customers with their cheese needs. This role works closely with other mongers to have fun and keep the shop tidy. This is a place to learn and eat more cheese than you thought possible.
Who You Are
- Goal-Oriented: You never miss your shot when given a target. You are self-motivated to drive results and do better tomorrow than you did today.
- Great Communicator: You can strike up a conversation with anyone in your vicinity and can build long-lasting relationships over something as simple as a good cheddar cheese. You are a great listener and can vary your communication with a customer to suit the circumstances.
What You Do
- Customer Service: You’re great at making customers laugh and selling lots of cheese. From your own experience, you are able to educate your customers about cheese, charcuterie, and pairings.
- Cut the Cheese: You will spend your time on your feet behind the counter, cutting cheeses and slicing meats for customers and displays. You will keep the cheese cases well-stocked and clean, keeping the products in proper rotation.
What We Need From You
- Experience selling cheese in a retail environment
- A sincere passion for all things cheesy
- Evening/weekend and holiday availability
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A sense of humor
- NYC Food Handler’s Certification or ServSafe Certification preferred
- Weekly pay
- 3 weeks paid vacation and sick time
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company 401k match
- LTD and Life Insurance options
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Discounts on our products and restaurant!